Real Teachers, Real Leaders. Real Results
6 to represent MWP at KCTE
Six Morehead Writing Project teachers will lead sessions for the 2015 Kentucky Council of Teachers of English/Language Arts Conference planned for Feb. 27-28 in Lexington.
The sessions include:
- Mandy Lawson, Sheldon Clark High School, Martin County Schools, and Misty Burchett Johnson, West Carter High School presenting “Extending the Invitation and Opening the Door to Lifelong Literacy”
- Misty Burchett Johnson, West Carter High School (presenting with coworker Deidra Bowling-Meade) “Going Beyond the Paper”
- Deanna Mascle, Morehead State University, Morehead Writing Project Director will present Teaching with Zombies and Caped Crusaders: Using Comics to Teach Argumentation and Critical Thinking Across the Curriculum
- Lindsay Johnson, Rowan County Senior High School, Leslie Workman, Bath County High School, Brandie Trent, Fleming County High School, 2014 NCTE National Teacher of Excellence, Deanna Mascle, Morehead State University will present “Combining Passion and Practicality for Program Review”
- Brandie Trent, Fleming County High School, 2014 NCTE National Teacher of Excellence (and her co-presenter Dr. Alison Heron Hruby, Morehead State University) “Reading for Fun: How Best Practices for Literacy Instruction Builds More”
All the presentations were selected following a critical peer review conducted by KCTE jurors.
The 2015 KCTE Conference will be held Friday, Feb. 27, and Saturday, Feb. 28, at the Embassy Suites in Lexington, KY. The theme for the 2015 Conference will be: Balancing Passion and Practice: Kentucky Teachers Leading the Way. Learn more about the conference on the KCTE web site.