Join one of the best professional development networks:
The National Writing Project
The 2018 Morehead Writing Project Online Summer Institute will be held during Morehead State University’s Summer II (July 2-27). The Online Summer Institute will offer a choice of three or six graduate credit hours from Morehead State University (ENG 608 and ENG 609) or 36 hours of professional development credit for $350.
The asynchronous fully-online seminar allows teachers unable to attend a traditional Invitational Summer Institute the opportunity for the National Writing Project experience. The Online Summer Institute focuses on these key areas identified by NWP research and experience:
- Teacher as writer
- Teacher as reflective practitioner
- Teacher as researcher
- Teacher as leader
Educators participating in the online summer institute will have the opportunity to continue on a path to leadership with the NWP network and our online community will remain open for continued networking, but the online summer institute will officially end July 27.
What are some of the benefits of MWP’s Online Summer Institute?
- A unique and diverse cohort as the teachers who participate are not bound by geography to the Eastern Kentucky region.
- A fun and enriching professional development experience that includes exposure to a number of tech tools to support literacy development (especially the Google suite).
- A flexible and personal professional development experience that allows teachers to choose the direction and focus of their work by experience project-based learning.
- Introduction to innovative topics including NWP’s C3W Program (argument writing), Project-Based Writing, and gamification!
- Experience working with core literacy topics such as writer’s workshop and the writing process.
- Demonstrations of a wide range of student engagement methods, practices, and tools.
Teachers at any grade level and in any content area are welcome. Contact Morehead Writing Project Director Deanna Mascle (d.mascle “at” moreheadstate.edu) to learn more.
We can convert pdf files online now, all we need to do is to visit this link below:
Do you want to join us this year? Register online by June 15 and we will be in touch regarding payment (due July 1).