Real Teachers, Real Leaders. Real Results
Register Now For Online Summer Institute
Does this sound like you?
- If you have ever thought about attending a National Writing Project Summer Institute, but can never seem to find a way to make it work with your life then the Morehead Writing Project’s Online Summer Institute might be right for you.
- If you need help teaching writing then the Morehead Writing Project’s Online Summer Institute might be right for you.
- If you are looking for professional development that will help you learn and grow as a writer and teacher of writing then the Morehead Writing Project’s Online Summer Institute might be right for you.
- If you are looking for meaningful graduate credit hours then the Morehead Writing Project’s Online Summer Institute might be right for you.
- If you are looking for ways to innovate your teaching of writing through the use of technology and creative pedagogy then the Morehead Writing Project’s Online Summer Institute might be right for you.
What is the Online Summer Institute?
Held June 6-July 1, the Online Summer Institute is an asynchronous class offering teachers, unable to attend a traditional Invitational Summer Institute, the opportunity for the National Writing Project experience. The Online Summer Institute includes the same focus areas as an ISI:
- Teacher as writer
- Teacher as reflective practitioner
- Teacher as researcher
- Teacher as leader
The Online Summer Institute includes many of the same experiences thanks to the opportunities that technology offers. In fact, the Online Summer Institute also offers unique experiences not available to the ISI as the teachers who participate are not bound by geography to the Eastern Kentucky region and usually participants are more diverse.
Open to teachers at any grade level and in any content area, this is a fun and enriching professional development experience that includes exposure to a number of tech tools to enhance and support literacy development as well as passion projects and gamification!
Want to learn more?
- Three reasons to participate in our Online Summer Institute
- Learn how we can help you be the thing that you teach
- Learn more about the National Writing Project
- FAQs about the Online Summer Institute:
- It will run June 6-July 1 – there are no follow-up meetings although some may choose to stay active and connected within the online community we create
- It is asynchronous and entirely online so you control the experience
- We will use the book Writing Alone and With Others by Pat Schneider to guide our writing and learn more about forming a writing group
- We will meet in a closed Google+ Community (so teachers will need a Gmail account) and include teachers at all levels and in all disciplines from a variety of geographic locations
- Participants will create a digital portfolio, including both personal and professional writing, within a supportive community