The Morehead Writing Project will offer an Online Summer Institute in 2020 during Summer I (June 8-July 2) session at Morehead State University. The Summer Institute will be offered asynchronously with activities focused on building community and developing the teacher as writer, leader, reflective practitioner, and researcher. At the conclusion of the Summer Institute teachers will receive 36 hours of professional development credit or graduate credit depending on their enrollment.
Space is limited and the cost per participant is $1,000 for professional development.
Participants interested in graduate credit can enroll in Eng 608 and/or Eng 609 through Morehead State University Graduate School (MSU students enrolled in one or both of these classes do not need to pay the $1,000 participant fee).
Educators interested in participating in the 2020 Online Summer Institute offered by the Morehead Writing Project should complete this online form to ensure they receive information as it becomes available.
The Online Summer Institute which MWP has offered for nine summers features the full National Writing Project experience. For more information:
- Join the National Writing Project ranks this summer
- Five more reasons to register now for the OSI
- Three reasons to participate in our Online Summer Institute
- Learn how we can help you be the thing that you teach
- Learn more about the National Writing Project
This is a fun and enriching professional development experience that includes exposure to a number of tech tools to enhance and support literacy development as well as passion projects and gamification! Read how the writing project changed one teacher’s life and might change yours.
Teachers at any grade level and in any content area are welcome. Contact Morehead Writing Project Director Deanna Mascle (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more. Complete this online form to receive information about the 2020 Online Summer Institute offered by the Morehead Writing Project as it becomes available.
FAQs about the Online Summer Institute:
- There are no follow-up meetings although some may choose to stay active and connected within the online community we create and we offer the option to remain involved with MWP.
- We will use the book Writing Alone and With Others by Pat Schneider to guide our writing and learn more about forming a writing group
- It is asynchronous and entirely online so you control the experience
- We will meet in a closed Google Group (so teachers will need a Gmail account) and include teachers at all levels and in all disciplines from a variety of geographic locations
- Participants will create a digital portfolio, including both personal and professional writing, within a supportive community