The Morehead Writing Project will offer its third Online Summer Institute this summer. The Online Summer Institute will offer a choice of three or six graduate credit hours from Morehead State University (EDUC 608 and EDUC 609) and will be offered during the Summer I session (June 2-27).
The asynchronous class allows teachers unable to attend a traditional Invitational Summer Institute the opportunity for the National Writing Project experience. The Online Summer Institute includes the same focus areas as an ISI:
- Teacher as writer
- Teacher as reflective practitioner
- Teacher as researcher
- Teacher as leader
In addition, the Online Summer Institute includes many of the same experiences thanks to the opportunities that technology offers. The Online Summer Institute also offers unique experiences as the teachers who participate are not bound by geography to the Eastern Kentucky region.
This is a fun and enriching professional development experience that includes exposure to a number of tech tools to enrich and support literacy development as well as passion projects and gamification!
Teachers at any grade level and in any content area are welcome. Contact Morehead Writing Project Director Deanna Mascle (email@example.com) to learn more.
Note: Morehead State University graduate credit is $535 per credit hour (3 credit hour minimum) OR Morehead Writing Project can offer up to 36 hours of professional development credit ($300). Contact us for details.
FAQs about the Online Summer Institute:
- It will run June 2-27 – there are no follow-up meetings although some may choose to stay active and connected within the online community we create
- We will use the book Writing Alone and With Others by Pat Schneider
- It is asynchronous and entirely online so you control the experience
- We will meet in a closed Google+ Community (so teachers will need a Gmail account) and include teachers at all levels and in all disciplines from a variety of places
- Participants will create a digital portfolio, including both personal and professional writing, within a supportive community
- All registrations are handled by Deanna Mascle. There is no form to complete.
- To earn graduate credit, participants must be Morehead State University graduate students. Deanna Mascle must approve your registration. Please contact her with your MSU ID number.
- To earn professional development credit, Deanna Mascle must approve your registration. Please contact her for payment details. We must receive either a check or purchase order by June 2.
For more information read: